We are seeking a part-time Girls’ Soccer Coach for Lionel Wilson College Preparatory Academy in Oakland to provide a high quality, personalized athletic experience for students, and to uphold the mission and values established by Aspire Public Schools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Organizes Varsity Soccer Team and manages student behavior to ensure all students are fully engaged.
• Supports a school-wide culture of high expectations that includes college preparation for all students.
• Ensures that all athletes comply with Aspire and BASCALS eligibility requirements including; scholastic disciplinary and attendance eligibility.
• Works with administration to ensure compliance with schools policies and practices.
• Provides students and their families with regular and timely information on athletics activities and student progress; finds ways to involve parents/guardians in their students’ athletic experience.
• Exhibit fiduciary responsibility with equipment and monies.
• Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, Aspire Public Schools mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Knowledge and experience coaching High School Soccer.
• Knowledge of the sport of coaching and league interaction.
• Ability and willingness to reflect and improve.
• Ability to collaborate with colleagues, parents and community.
• Demonstrated success with prior coaching.
2) Minimum educational level:
• High School Diploma
3) Experience required:
• Relevant experience in coaching Interscholastic Athletic Teams.
• 2+ years working with students as a Soccer Coach.
Aspire Public Schools - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -