The Role - Social Architect
Founded in 1999, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading customers in their transformation to become social enterprises. Social enterprises are able to connect with customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and application services give customers the tools to create a true social front office and revolutionize the way they sell, service, market, collaborate, work, and innovate. With more than 9,000 employees, the first enterprise cloud computing company to exceed $2.5B in annual revenue run rate, and more than 100,000 customers worldwide, we are proud to contribute to the success of companies of all sizes and industries, around the globe. We're also one of the "Best Places to Work" (FORTUNE). If you're passionate about innovation, come help revolutionize how companies collaborate and communicate with customers.
The Marketing Cloud is not only about technology, it's about changing the customer experience—making it personal, and really relevant, fast. The Marketing Cloud unites the capabilities of Buddy Media, the world's #1 social marketing solution, with the world's #1 social listening platform, Radian6. In line with explosive growth we are looking for a Social Architect to join this journey and make a meaningful impact in helping Clients get connected to their customers in a whole new way.
- The Social Architect works with Account Executives to help customers derive business value for strategic marketing initiatives.
- Understand customer goals and challenges and establish Salesforce Marketing Cloud product as the best solution available.
- Participate in the development and delivery of differentiated custom solutions and presentations to key business decision makers that show an understanding of the prospects core social media challenges/vision and articulate how Salesforce Marketing Cloud best addresses them
- Based on the prospect’s business issues, be able to help guide them on what an effective social media strategy could be for them, and align core Radian6 technical capabilities to that strategy
- Articulate advanced technical and social concepts as needed to business and technical audiences
- Build and present customized demonstrations that tie to the prospects social media requirements and vision. Present technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with hardware, software, networking and security stack.
- Participate in all product, sales, and process training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective.
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management.
- Respond effectively to RFPs.
- Work as part of an extended team on larger sales opportunities with multiple resources.
- Participate in and lead executive workshops and meetings;
- Establish trusted advisor relationship with key customer, partner and key stakeholders;
- Creation of thought leadership and best practice content for internal and external use;
- Collaborate effectively with internal organizations (Strategy, Product Marketing and Product Management, Customer Success, Support, …)
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or MIS with a keen understanding of business challenges OR MBA/Degree in Marketing with a proven aptitude to understand technical concepts such as Business Intelligence, Analytics, Security will also be considered an asset
- Experience in the Social Media Marketing/Management space will be considered an asset
- Experience as a sales engineer or previous experience working with applications in a customer facing role is preferred
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve business and technical problems in varied political environments.
- Solid verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven time management skills in a dynamic sales environment.
- Knowledge of related applications, relational databases, and web technology.
- Basic programming experience in HTML and other web based technologies
Radian6 - 16 months ago