The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
The Digital Marketing team plays a critical role in growing Disney Parks & Resorts presence in the digital and social media spaces. The team leads the development of digital and social marketing programs for multiple lines of business. This includes the active management of key Social Media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Tumblr) for our socially active guests engaging them in our brand and driving advocacy among our passionate fan base. In addition, this team develops strategies and executes innovative new marketing programs with emerging technologies and platforms including social, mobile, connected TV and gaming consoles.
The Social Media Community manager will oversee the strategy, content creation and day-to-day management of several Disney Destinations Facebook pages, which collectively reach 30M+ fans. In partnership with various internal teams, the Social Media Community Manager will develop a robust editorial calendar for assigned Facebook pages and other Social Media platforms. The Manager will also review analytics and share reports / key learnings with partners on an ongoing basis.
- Must have 4-5 years of experience in a Marketing or Communications role
- Strong partnering and relationship skills
- Strong analytic skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proven self-starter and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated creative skills, especially with a focus on creative writing
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong social media / digital knowledge with an understanding and passion for emerging digital trends and technologies
- Previous Social Media community management experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop
- Proficiency with Final Cut Pro
- Familiarity and experience with the following tools: YouTube Insights, Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, Radian6
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing/Communications, Public Relations, or related field
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.
Disney - 13 months ago