Applied Memetics LLC is a professional services company dedicated to integrating and delivering best practice communication and information solutions in pre-conflict, conflict, or post-conflict areas. We create and execute strategic communications and information operations that are grounded in conceptual clarity, rigorous methodology, and on-the-ground experience.
Memetics LLC, is focused solely on developing engineered influence for clients seeking to alter their tactical or strategic operational environments. Innovation and cultural proficiency set us apart from competitors. From new media to traditional media to dynamic engineering of social networks: we exploit and leverage perceptions to create new realities on the ground.
Our approach combines over sixty years of academic and applied experience in the field, and a sound understanding of business process. The partners and staff of Memetics have provided solutions and insight to the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the Undersecretary of State for Public Diplomacy, Multi National Forces-Iraq, Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force (CJSOTF), United States Special Operations Command (SOCOM), Marines Civil Military Operations, Fortune 500 companies, and American embassies worldwide.
Department: International Broadcasting
Reports To: Director of Business Development
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Washington DC, DC
FOR JOURNALISTS WITH OVER 8yrs EXP: 56,000 - 61,500 DOE / FOR JOURNALISTS WITH LESS THAN 8yrs EXP: 46,800 - 54,500 DOE - These journalists would work in shifts in order to accommodate overseas networks, and shifts determined by the journalist upfront.
JOURNALISTS WILLING TO WORK OVERTIME AND ON CALL WITH OVER 8YRS EXP: 92K
(Option Year, with potential for total of five years, with bonuses at the end of each year.)
Applied Memetics LLC is looking for experienced social media content curators with strong journalism backgrounds to lead the development and implementation of a social media content plan for International Broadcasters that meets standards of journalistic verification and meets the editorial needs and interests of our Clients.
Curators will use journalistic standards and be journalistically-trained to identify content based on Client editorial interests, analyze and verify content, forward that content to International Broadcasting newsrooms.
In order to do that, curators will be using a reliable social media news feed service provided by an Applied Memetics partner organization, with features such as aggregating a global feed of content from social media platforms and sources, including Twitter lists from every country in the world, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, Vimeo, TwitPic and YFrog, integrating other social media feeds via a customizable application programming interface (API), has customizable API access for entity publishing systems to publish content from interface through Client consumer channels, including websites, information regarding rights and clearance information for video and other rich media content for republishing to entity websites and other distribution systems, a service that provides daily email or other digital media alerts of trending or journalistically-identified content occurring during low-hours (i.e., overnight) for newsrooms, and many other technical features. This news feed service would be available to the Curators and interested Client participating entities on a 24/7/365 bases.
Social Media Curators will assist in the set-up and management of the combined human and technical service for the International Broadcasting community. Curators must be trained, experienced journalists that identify, verify and curate social media content based on International Broadcasting editorial interests within the provided service. In addition, our Social Media Curators must be willing to share their skills and collaborate with others to collectively build a more mature body of knowledge on social media content curation.
This is a full-time annual contract position not to exceed 40 hour per week, supported through one of the following three schedules: nights and weekends, days and nights, or days and weekends. Annual contracts have the potential to be extended for up to four Option Years.
- Identify, verify, and curate social media content based on editorial interests using the social media news feed service.
- Suggesting improvements and optimal functions or features to the Applied Memetics technical partner towards optimizing the news feed service.
- Provides subject matter expertise to clients on how to improve the depth and quality of the Client journalism.
- Reviews social media news feed and responds to information requests from clients.
- Responsible for sharing and encouraging the incorporation of new information sources and news venues.
- Provides training and thought leadership for journalists learning about and integrating social media and those who conduct social media-based reporting.
- Reports on a weekly basis findings and observations to the Applied Memetics team and/or the Client in electronic format.
- Immediately alerts Applied Memetics and its technical partner organization in the case of abnormal technical or non-technical issues.
- Maintains positive relationships with other team members both in the Client office and with the Applied Memetics team.
- Occasional travel to conferences or meetings to support Applied Memetics in sharing lessons learned
- Bachelor’s degree required in Journalism, Mass Communications, or similar.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of advanced social media journalism experience which includes working with APIs and conducting comparative analyses.
- At least 3 year experience working on or using similar social media news feed services for an enterprise-level, broadcast/print news organization.
- Experience with practical integration, operation and management of social media news content into a broadcast/print journalism environment.
- Experience managing enterprise-class, hosted digital services.
- Experience in establishing and conducting training for journalists in social media and social media based reporting.
- Proactive in seeking new services and international information sources online.
- Work environment is detail oriented and timeline-driven, with set objectives and hard due dates.
- May require non-traditional hours including consecutive nights or weekends.
ZipRecruiter - 19 months ago