WHO WE ARE:
Financial Social Media is a fast-paced social media-marketing agency that specializes in the financial and insurance industries. We’ve uncovered a significant business need in this niche market and we like making our clients successful. We are social media pioneers, doing things that have never been done before with a product that’s in high demand and creates great value for our clients. We are currently looking for a Social Media Intern to work with our Account Manager and Director of Marketing in facilitating client campaigns and our internal marketing strategy. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, passionate and willing to learn. Some agency or client side experience and knowledge of the social media online space is preferred - including existing (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Foursquare, Pinterest etc.) as well as emerging social platforms. Knowledge of the financial industry is a plus! 100% of FSM interns have been hired on to the FSM team or by another company directly following their internship with Financial Social Media.
We believe social media has the power to change the face of business forever, and we have the momentum to prove it. Come join us for an educational internship as we transform how businesses use social media! #we’reFUN
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
• Manage social media clients including day-to-day social media page postings and client correspondence.
• Create inventive social media campaigns that build client brand awareness, increase their fans and followers and drive web traffic and sales
• Offer strategic insight to each client, guiding them toward the optimal tactical execution that meets their specific marketing objectives, while actively seeking out opportunities to grow client account business
• Ability to build and maintain network of social media influencers (including bloggers), vendors and resources
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
• A passion for online marketing
• Creativity and improvisation skills within the work environment
• Outgoing and networking oriented
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• The ability to generate and cultivate new business relationships
• The ability to communicate with team members and client in an effective/efficient manner
• The ability to clearly communicate creative ideas to technical and non-technical audiences
• The ability to juggle and prioritize several projects
• The ability to proactively solve problems
• The ability to wear many hats and learn quickly
• A keen understanding of how the interactive medium is consumed and used by the general population
• Knowledge of social media platforms and the industry
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
• Passion for social media
• An understanding of the WordPress platform and a willingness to learn about many other types of web design tools
• Thorough understanding of the social media space and those who engage with it
• Confident writing skills
• Ability to think strategically, have an understanding of the financial industry and the differences between their many different services
• Proven success in launching campaigns and building communities
• Capacity to handle a wide variety of tasks and assignments in a dynamic, fast paced work environment
• Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and the desire to introduce clients to potential new strategies and solutions that will positively impact their business
• Exhibits excellent communication skills, both orally and in written form
• Effectively presents information in both one-on-one and group situations to clients and other employees of Financial Social Media
• Flexibility, responsiveness and the capability to think on their feet
• Self-sufficient team player with a strong ability to lead a growing team
Minimum 3 month requirement.
This is an unpaid internship, with the opportunity for full employment with FSM upon completion of the program.
Financial Social Media - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Financial Social Media University provides the knowledge to build an online presence, attract leads and develop relationships.