The Social Media Manager oversees relationship-building with our communities of fans on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr and others. He/she is responsible for working with our network partners to build a strong, engaged community to help support our business goals, including:
This position plays an integral role in deepening the strong affinity our fans feel for our shows, encouraging them to interact and add to the brand experiences of DCI. It also helps develop and implement social strategy with the cooperation and support of our network partners.
- Building awareness for new shows
- Encouraging repeat tune-in
- Driving traffic to our .coms
- Generating buzz and interest around our programming
Launch and manage Social Media communities
Develop editorial and marketing calendar working with marketing, PR and the website
Maintain and refresh all assets on all community portals, working closely with marketing points of contact to gather key art and video assets.
Draft copy and optimize video tags & description to highlight tune-in and drive users to our .com properties
Grow our community of followers, friends and subscribers within current social networks and by identifying emerging social networks and platforms
Recommend creative approach/strategy for social media executions in support of marketing objectives for tune-in and digital media assets
Maintain reports on all community elements and create reports on a monthly and ad hoc basis to describe community activity and growth.
Conduct periodic review of platform performance and engagement levels
Work with Digital Ad Sales to brainstorm, finalize, implement, and report on social media initiatives that involve brand partners
Keep up to date with the general social media landscape and participate in social media meetings, brainstorms, and strategy sessions
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Passion for the social media space. Demonstrated engagement and experience.
- Passion for television programming, and in particular DCI programming
- Experience all digital media community vehicles
- Dedication to client service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Knowledge of basic HTML & photo editing
- Superior Microsoft Excel and Power Point capabilities.
- Strong understanding of web analytics.
- Ability to meet changing demands and to adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Apply for this job:
- BA or equivalent experience required.
- 6+ years of digital media planning/marketing/outreach or equivalent business experience
Apply for this position online
To edit your resume/CV before applying to this job,
go back to the welcome page and update your profile.
Notify a friend about this position Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve.
Discovery Communications, Inc. - 19 months ago
Discovery Communications allows viewers to go on safari without ever having to leave their couch. It is the world's #1 non-fiction...