Marketing - Strategic Communications & University Relations (SCUR)
UCSF is launching an overarching branding initiative to increase awareness of the power, purpose and impact of the UCSF enterprise among key audiences. The effective use of social media is a key tool in the success of this initiative. Over the last several years, SCUR has created a strong social media program for UCSF, continuing to foster an enduring, high-quality, social media presence -- that is cool, reliable and relatable.
The Social Media Manager plays an integral role on the SCUR team and is responsible for guiding UCSF’s enterprise-wide social media program.
The Social Media Manager works closely with the Executive Director of Marketing, the Executive Director of Public Affairs and the University Relations leadership team to establish UCSF’s overall social media strategy such that UCSF connects deeply with key audiences and actively builds and engages followers and supporters.
The Social Media Manager has responsibility for management of social media presence on all official UCSF platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, among others. This role directs cross-platform social media programs, managing UCSF’s participation on these social media outlets with a sophisticated editorial voice. This position offers inventive ways to engage diverse audiences in UCSF stories, contributes to and leads national conversations on UCSF’s areas of excellence, and influences positive industry and media interactions with the University.
Day-to-day duties include online advocacy, engaging in breaking and trending news and dialogues, writing copy, curating social content, monitoring, community-outreach efforts, promotions and answering questions.
The role is responsible for the efficiency and effectiveness of the operations and processes in her/his area. This job requires excellent judgment, ingenuity, persistence, streamlined and professional communication and quick turnaround.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. Required Qualifications • Bachelor’s degree
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.
- Passion and demonstrated ability (1-2 years’ experience) driving results with social media.
- 3-5 years online agency or client side web marketing.
- Copywriting and multimedia production experience (3-5 years)
- Ability to build and leverage a strong network of peers and partners
- Ability to create, map out and execute a social media program and manage day-to-day social media communication, with minimal supervision.
- Experience working comfortably in a fast-paced environment and effectively prioritizing and managing multiple projects at once, while setting and meeting demanding deadlines
- Creative, diplomatic, cool under pressure and fantastic interpersonal and presenting skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
Physical Demands: requires sitting; standing; walking; squatting; bending; waist twisting; kneeling; climbing stairs; reaching up to shoulder height; reaching above shoulder level; carrying/lifting 60 pounds; pushing/pulling up to 20 pounds; gripping/grasping, fine/gross finger manipulation; repetitive movements of upper and lower extremities; differentiate color; verbal communication; operating motor vehicles. Preferred Qualifications • Knowledge of the mobile market, content syndication and health/science/medicine/biotech web content.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of social media and networking platforms and monitoring suite suppliers
- Deep knowledge of the health sciences field
- Experience of business and strategy development
University of California San Francisco - 19 months ago