SocialChorus is the leading social advocate marketing solution for the brands that people love. SocialChorus customers, including dozens of Fortune 500 brands, inspire social advocates to deliver millions of trusted, social endorsements across all social channels.
It's a great time to join SocialChorus. We have proven that 2-5% of a brand’s social audience generates most of the social engagement, endorsement and referral; our solution powers those superfans to make it happen. Over 30 Fortune 500 brands have already implemented SocialChorus-powered marketing programs.
We are leveraging the power of word-of-mouth with the scale and efficiency of the cloud, to deliver social ROI for our customers. We build and deliver everything with our amazing development and solution teams in San Francisco. We're far enough along to be a real company and early enough to be interesting (post Series-A, pre-Series B funding). We are backed by Kohlberg Ventures and relied on by brands like 3M, Intel, HTC and many others.
The Social Media Reporting Intern is responsible for supporting the Client Success Team in collecting, organizing, and presenting social media program metrics to our customers. In this role, he or she will be expected to perform both manual and software based analysis of social media activities driven by SocialChorus programs.
The Social Media Reporting Intern will work closely with Program Managers to streamline reporting of social marketing programs for Fortune 500 accounts. Other key responsibilities include advocate identification and vetting, customer support, research on existing social media platforms, management of brand advocate communities and ongoing analysis around program activities.
The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
The Social Media Reporting Intern will be responsible for the following:
- Day-to-day collection, review and analysis of social media program metrics
- Provide Program Managers with social media metrics and be able to analyze data and make suggestions for program improvement
- Streamline processes and document best practices for existing and upcoming program reporting
- Research and become an expert on current and new social media trends and technologies
- Bachelor's Degree
- Possess a deep understanding of social media and have knowledge of social media platforms and tools
- Very proficient in Excel and PowerPonit.
- Desire to leverage, organize, and understand social data
- High attention to detail with the ability to follow pre-designed processes to ensure consistent and accurate delivery of metrics
- Quick learner who is able to pick up new technologies easily and comfortable learning on the fly
- Must be a self starter and creative thinker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is not a summer internship. This is a 3-month contract position with the opportunity to be hired on as a Program Manager after 3 months. You'll be working onsite at our office in San Francisco, CA. We actively promote diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. If you've got questions or want tell a corny joke, please send us an email.