Working directly with the Senior Manager, Brand Content & Community, the Digital team and the Brand teams, the Social Media Specialist is responsible for updating, maintaining and growing the company’s social media presence. The individual will implement the company’s overall social media strategies and tactics, engage online and social media audiences on a daily basis and help maintain relationships with key influencers on behalf of the brand. They will also assist with internal efforts around social media, ie: working with internal partners and audiences across organizational business lines.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Specifically responsible for implementing social media plans and specific tactics across all channels of social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and more). Monitor and track all social media initiatives and tactics implemented by organization and develop reports on those findings.
- Execute company’s day-to-day social media activities, including posting to and updating its social media platforms. Attend and staff social media events as necessary. Help curate the social media editorial calendar while also responsible for developing and creating content. Directly engage Seventh Generation friends and fans via social media platforms, fostering conversations and relationships. Work with relevant Digital and PR team members and outside vendors as necessary.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key twitter users and other social media influencers. Keep updated/current lists of those influencers across multiple categories.
- Track social media program results and report on those findings, as well as assist in active "listening" to the social media community, regularly reporting on those findings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree in communications or relevant business experience.
- 2-3 years of of progressive experience in a social media focused environment.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and outlook.
- Extensive knowledge of all third-party social networking platforms.
- Fluency in packaging and posting content to a variety of networks.
- Must have excellent writing skills with the ability to communicate and engage with users online.
- Candidate must have experience with and enjoy social media and blogging.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative and team based environment
- Proven ability to take instructions and act within the scope of the role with limited supervision
- Aligns with Seventh Generation missions and brand values.
Some travel required up to 20% of the time as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Qualified applicants should send a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com .
Seventh Generation - 2 years ago
Seventh Generation is the nation's leading brand of household and personal care products that help protect human health and the environment....