Are you a creative, self-directed social media pro who has experience and proven success with viral marketing? Do you thrive in a collaborative, fast paced environment? If so, we’re looking for you.
SumTotal Systems, the leading provider of learning and talent management solutions, is looking for a social media pro to drive our social media strategy. Our ideal candidate is creative and analytical, has experience leveraging social media in integrated marketing campaigns, is adept at tracking and monitoring social media activity and can deliver great results with a positive attitude.
Social media is a critical inbound and outbound communications channel and contributes significantly to the success of our company, our leadership and our products. As SumTotal’s social media expert, you’ll be identifying, monitoring, initiating and guiding online conversations via relevant social media outlets and forums. You will help establish brand visibility and thought leadership for SumTotal, engaging with audiences on behalf of SumTotal’s market leading learning and talent management solutions. You will help educate SumTotal employees on best practices for using social media and ensure social media guidelines are updated and enforced.
As SumTotal’s Social Media Pro, you will:
- Foster engagement and drive traffic to SumTotal web assets through internal/external social networking tools
- Develop and oversee the execution of social media strategies, including viral marketing campaigns.
- Increase user engagement with SumTotal social media owned assets and channels (such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter).
- Grow SumTotal company and product Facebook fans and Twitter followers, aligning with overall business and marketing goals.
- Identify and develop relationships with key influencers in the industry, in order to build SumTotal’s credibility and enhance overall effectiveness as a social media specialist.
- Collaborate with employee communications, PR, Events and IT on the development and packaging of content, especially videos, photography and webcasts.
- Develop and maintain appropriate editorial calendars, highlighting key trends
- Schedule and publish content on a daily basis to key social media channels.
- Monitor user-generated comments and posts in a quick and timely manner.
- Respond to comments, when appropriate, in order to foster a positive community and add value to a user’s experience.
- Identify internal experts to serve as credible responders and flag content to them for comment as appropriate
- Escalate User Generated Content, where appropriate, to internal stakeholders.
- Analyze effectiveness of social media efforts.
- Use appropriate tools measure and track social media activity, issuing reports to management and briefing them weekly and monthly on results.
- Summarize insights and conversations to create both weekly and ad hoc reports
- Utilize social listening tools to generate insights
- Refine, enforce and periodically update SumTotal Social Media Guidelines.
- Be a voice for the appropriate use of social media in the marketing mix.
- Educate Product Management and Marketing teammates in social media best practices.
- Work closely with PR, Product Management, Engineering, Customer/Technical Support and others as needed to ensure the needs of the Community are integrated into product and support solutions.
- 2-3 years related marketing experience preferred
- Demonstrated skills in social media publishing and online community building, including Twitter, Linked-In, YouTube and Facebook.
- Knowledge of and experience with social media tracking, reporting and performance tools as well as scheduling tools such as Hootsuite and Google Analytics.
- Creative, analytical thinker with desire to test and learn and ability to define and pursue high level objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude for technology and the ability to connect technical concepts with customer value
- Proven ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines without sacrificing work quality
- Ability to prioritize and differentiate what matters from the noise
Apply To This Job
SumTotal Systems - 13 months ago
A company can't do anything without its employees, and SumTotal Systems offers a total answer for managing a company's Human...