Social Media Specialist |
at Viki in San Francisco
Viki is a Global TV site with tens of millions of people watching the world’s primetime TV and movies, subtitled in 200 languages by a community of fans. With billions of videos viewed and more than 600 million words translated, Viki brings global entertainment to fans everywhere.
Reporting to the Director of Community, the Social Media Specialist will oversee Viki’s daily presence across social networks and create entertaining and engaging content to engage fans and potential fans. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Write and create content for social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Continuously monitor online social media presence, responding to comments, questions and issues
- Assess social media marketing strategies, identify and tap into new channels to optimize ROI and drive growth
- Manage content creation calendar for network of social accounts across multiple platforms
- Work closely with the rest of marketing team, including content, support and PR teams, to execute against various marketing KPIs
***PLEASE NOTE: In your cover letter, please list a company that you think does an exceptional job in social media, as well as an explanation as to why.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field
- 1-2+ years experience working in social or digital media
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strategic, analytical thinker with excellent project management skills
- Highly social “people person” with a love of social media
- Love of world cultures, international TV and film
- Basic knowledge of technical concepts that most impact marketing
- Ability to thrive and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Consistent work history and excellent references
- Experience working with teams and departments across time zones preferred
- Ability to speak more than one language preferred
This is an excellent opportunity to join a very small team and make a difference as we 100x our current size. We’re small but diverse, with more than 20 countries and 30 languages represented among our 70 employees. Come break down barriers that stand between great entertainment and its fans everywhere.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Viki are considered property of Viki and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Viki Inc - 7 months ago
Viki is a leading international video site with TV shows, movies and other premium content, translated into more than 150 languages by a...