The mission of the Palo Alto Institute for Research and Education, Inc. (PAIRE) is to facilitate research and education activities conducted at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). The range of research activities is broad and includes special emphasis on biomedical, health services, rehabilitation engineering, mental health and geriatric research endeavors. We also support various educational instruction or other learning experiences of benefit to employees and veterans.
PAIRE, a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS), is seeking a Social Sciences Project Coordinator who will act as the administrative coordinator for one or more Cooperative Studies and provide coordination and support for the project team (i.e. project manager, biostatistician, clinical data manager, data management programmer, and statistical programmer).
This is a regular, full time, non-exempt position.
As a condition of employment, all PAIRE employees are required to have an approved (WOC) appointment with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) before they can commence work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attend meetings and generate accurate minutes in a timely manner;
- Edit and prepare assigned study protocols, operations manuals, reports, and forms for the study / studies;
- Serve as editor for study newsletters, compile content, edit, and distribute on a regular basis for each assigned study;
- Review study consent forms for accuracy and completeness;
- Track IRB and R&D approvals for study sites;
- Maintain inventory of study forms at the Center and fill order forms from the sites;
- Coordinate all meetings (in person meetings, webinars, teleconferences) in connection with assigned study, on site and offsite;
- Coordinate activities and assist study project team when traveling;
- Provide other administrative support as needed to the project team.
All PAIRE positions require the completion of a background check.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or equivalent highly desired;
- Knowledge of or experience with research, HIPAA, Good Clinical Practices, and Human Subjects Protection desired;
- Ability to understand and apply study protocols for the CSPCC;
- Advanced MS Word and MS Excel;
- Strong teamwork and customer service attitude;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience coordinating meetings / travel for large groups.
Environmental Conditions / Physical Demands:
PAIRE is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- No exposure to blood borne pathogens;
- No exposure to radiation;
- No exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals or reagents;
- No exposure to a lab environment.