CORE COMPETENCIES: Effective Communication,
Accountability, Problem Solving, Service Excellence,
Team Leadership, Work Ethics & Values, Technological
Proficiency, Attention to Detail, Interpersonal Skills,
Commitment, Developing Others.
Assumes responsibility for coordinating for all
Admissions and Discharges throughout KHI. Ensures that
individual rights and welfare are maintained through
programs, policies, and staff training/development.
Serves as the facilitator for family meetings and
liaison for APSI and Guardians. Assists in various
administrative duties at the direction of the Director
of Quality of Regulatory Compliance. Indirectly reports
to the Directors of ICF/IID, Waiver, and The Center for
Day, Vocational and Career Services Ensures that systems
and practices are in place that meets all requirements
of applicable regulatory agencies. Assumes on-call and
1. Coordinates admissions and discharges within Koinonia
· Maintains waiting list for The Center, Koinonia
Partners Unlimited and Koinonia Waiver Services and
works with the county board to ensure placements within
management contract homes.
· Responsible for weekly review of the county board
provider search tool and follow up with potential
· Responsible for receipt of all agency referrals and
distribution as appropriate.
· Liaison with the County Board and other outside
· Develops and maintains a resource guide with referral
sources indentifying contact information.
· Networks, solicits and obtains referrals for admission
(Developmental Centers, Schools, Nursing Homes, etc.).
Facilitates the process of identifying appropriate
candidate(s) for admission and ensures that admission
criteria are met per Koinonia policy.
· Works with Division Directors to ensure that they are
up to date with information and the division’s needs are
· Works with the Development Department on developing
marketing tools specific to the populations served to
solicit referrals for placement.
· Meet with prospective new admissions, their
family/guardian, caseworkers, and Day/Residential
· Coordinates and facilitates the assessment process
with the appropriate management team members.
· Chairs the referral committee.
· Coordinates and facilitates Pre-Admission and
· Ensures that all necessary documents are acquired
(social security cards, birth certificates, trust funds,
burial plans, etc).
· Communicates with finance department regarding status
of prospective admissions.
· Works with management team members to ensure that the
admission process is facilitated per Koinonia and
governing agency’s policies and procedures.
· Ensures the admission process is completed in a timely
manner so as to alleviate vacancies.
· Maintains list of all individuals on discharge status.
· Coordinates and facilitates discharge meetings with
management team members.
· Communicates with finance department regarding status
of individuals on discharge status through the actual
· Facilitates the discharge process with the management
team members to ensure that the discharge process meets
Koinonia and governing agency’s policies and procedures.
· Anticipates future discharge and admission needs of
the individuals as specifically related to health/safety
needs as well as desires of individual/guardian and
reports the information in the referral committee
2. Serves as a programmatic resource for division
· Facilitates family meetings.
· Develops focus groups with family members on
· Communicates as needed with families concerning
coordination of services.
· Facilitates guardianship needs of individuals.
· Acts as a liaison with Probate Court and APSI.
· Monitors and tracks all internal paperwork required
for guardianship maintenance.
· Monitors guardianship status.
· Facilitates burial plans and maintains information on
3. Involves community resources to enhance the
· Advocates for needs and services on behalf of
· Seeks out new opportunities and natural supports in
the community for individuals.
· Provides input to newsletters for communication
4. Facilitate training and skill development of other
team members. (i.e. writing of social history, BSP,
skill development, goals and objectives, health and
safety plans, etc.).
5. Oversees ISS and quality of data stored.
· Inputs all admission/discharge data.
· Monitors and audits ISS and provides reports to
6. Assumes responsibility for implementation of auditing
systems and practices to ensure intended outcomes are
achieved for this role.
7. Has current working knowledge of, and complies with
all regulatory agencies including Medicaid regulations
and DODD Rules.
8. Assists in the growth of new supports and services.
9. Ensures that all Agency policies and procedures are
10. Provides specialized trainings as identified and
assigned by division directors (Healthy Living, Human
11. Ensures all required monthly reports are submitted
in a timely fashion.
12. Assumes responsibility for self-development,
continuous learning, and professional expertise so as to
result in being an effective resource.
13. Participates actively on teams and committees within
and outside the agency.
14. Indirectly participates in employee evaluations
according to current Agency policy.
15. Has a working knowledge of all required
technological systems and programs.
16. Asserts self as an active leader within the agency.
17. Performs other related duties as required.
Please note: We require all employment history to be
filled out completely on the application as well as an
uploaded resume. Incomplete applications will not be
· Ability to work effectively and efficiently according
to strict timelines.
· Knowledge of IDD service system.
· Ability to provide effective staff training.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· Ability to motivate others.
· Ability to prioritize workload.
· Ability to assess, evaluate, and monitor in all
· Ability to understand their role in the budget
UNUSUAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Work will include evenings and weekends.
· May assume on-call responsibilities as assigned.
· May be exposed to aggressive or otherwise challenging
· May be exposed to contagious diseases.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Services required, Masters
· Five years experience in DD or closely related field
· Demonstrated ability for self-direction in work
· Valid Ohio Driver’s License and proof of automobile
· Must have vehicle liability insurance
· Must maintain acceptable driving record according to
agency policy and agency liability insurance
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products – Word, Excel,
Power Point, Outlook
Koinonia Homes - 19 months ago