As one of the nation’s fastest growing Christian foster care ministries, The Bair Foundation is currently seeking candidates for a Social Service Worker in Chesapeake, VA.
The position of Social Service Worker facilitates the provision of safe, secure and nurturing living experiences for foster children in accordance with The Bair Foundation's mission. Applies social work techniques and gathers information from foster/adoptive parents and other treatment team members to assess and ensure that appropriate care is given to foster children.
• Responsible for service planning by developing individualized treatment and service plans.
• Counsels children in resource,foster and adoptive homes, and in independent living arrangements.
• Responsible for coordinating services to minimize fragmentation of care, reduce barriers, and link children with appropriate services to ensure comprehensive, continuous access to needed medical,social,educational, and other services appropriate to the needs of the child.
• Responsible for assessing periodically to determine child's need for psychosocial, nutritional,medical and educational services.
• Responsible for coordinating referrals by assisting the child in arranging for appropriate services and ensuring continuity of care for a child in treatment foster care.
• Applies advanced knowledge of social service techniques to independently assess the quality and appropriateness of services being provided to each child in placement.
• Applies The Bair Foundation's treatment philosophy to reduce intensity and frequency of negative behaviors.
• Covers "on call" schedule for responding to emergency situations after hours.
•Bachelor’s degree in social work or a related and one year of experience in providing casework services to children and families, or master's degree in social work or related field with a student placement in casework services to children and families or one year of experience in providing casework services to children and families.
The Bair Foundation National Office - 2 years ago