Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: May 16, 2013
UC Berkeley’s University Health Services (UHS) is a comprehensive campus-based health center which provides on-campus medical and mental health care and coordinates supplemental needs for off-campus care through a network of community specialists and hospitals. Social Services (SOS) is a unit of the University Health Services (UHS).
The purpose of SOS is to support the academic mission of the University by providing case management, counseling, advocacy and coordination of care for students managing major health concerns; alcohol & other drug issues; and trauma, including sexual assault, IPV and injury. In addition, the unit handles documentation for academic adjustments including medical withdrawals for the campus.
I. Patient Specific:
-Triage clients to determine appointment type and identify if emergency services are required. Direct to appropriate clinician.
- Using Point & Click EHR, verify eligibility for service, schedule appointments and help manage counselor schedules, issue payment tickets, scan documents, print lab results, update group/workshop rosters, and document changed appointments.
- Promote and maintain client confidentiality and privacy at all times.
- Enroll students in groups and workshops; ensuring that accompanying paperwork is complete.
- Refer appropriately to other UHS or campus services when SOS is not the appropriate unit.
II. Workshop Management
- Manage master and individual workshop binders
- Handle all communication to students and campus partners regarding workshop dates, attendance, no shows, and referrals.
III. Other Front Office
- Prepare pregnancy packets; order and maintain inventory of office supplies; handle mail and copying; answer basic questions about unit services, including academic adjustments.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience working in a fast-paced medical or mental health front office setting; computer literacy and familiarity with electronic health records; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner; strong customer service skills, tact and diplomacy; excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills; detail oriented with attention to accuracy; ability to work as part of a diverse team.
High school diploma with training in computer software.
Familiarity with Berkeley campus resources; creativity.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This position is a partial-year (August-May), 50% part time position.
Criminal Background Check
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check as well as medical clearances and credentialing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
University of California Berkeley - 7 months ago