Social Services Assistant
Avamere Heritage Rehab of Tacoma
7411 Pacific Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98408
Avamere Heritage Rehab of Tacoma is hiring a full-time Social Services Assistant for this 89 bed Skilled Nursing Facility in Tacoma, Washington. The primary purpose of this position is to assist the overall operation of our facility’s Social Services Department to assure that the medically related emotional and social needs of the resident are met and maintained. The Social Services Assistant is driven by and passionate for quality patient care and quality of life.
- Assist in planning, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing the social service programs of this facility.
- Assist in developing assessments and written plans of care to identify the needs of each resident.
- Ensure that all components of the care plan are being followed by reviewing MDS’s and nurses’ notes and attending meetings.
- Effectively communicate information concerning a patient’s condition with other departments and government agencies.
- Participate in the discharge planning, providing information to residents and families of programs available.
- Seek out new methods and make recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the Social Services Director or Administrator based on current federal and state regulations.
Qualifications and Skillsets:
- Associate’s degree in Social Work or a related field preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year Social Work experience in a healthcare setting.
- Understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, Kaiser and private insurances.
- Supportive team member; able to make independent decisions.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
The Avamere Family of Companies represents a group of independent companies dedicated to senior’s health and well-being. We take great pride in offering “a continuum of care” which allows seniors to stay independent and active. With more than forty retirement communities and skilled nursing facilities in Oregon and Washington, the Avamere companies are responsive to the changing personal needs of seniors.
Avamere full time employee benefits package includes: medical, 401K retirement plan, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, ID theft recovery services, wellness program, and voluntary dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability and AD&D coverage.
Apply in person, or send resume to:
Nicole Dork, HR/Payroll/AP, Avamere Heritage Rehab of Tacoma
Avamere Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Avamere Group - 19 months ago