Social Services Assistant
Purpose of Your Job Position:
As a Consulate Health Care Social Services Assistant, you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, coworkers, visitors and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care’s five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. The primary purpose of your job position is to ensure that the medically related emotional and social needs of the resident are met / maintained on an individual basis. You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
As Social Services Assistant, you are delegated the responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Responsible for ensuring that the medically related emotional and social needs of the resident are met/maintained on an individual basis. No direct supervisory function. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon you performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities - Social Services Assistant:
- Agree not to disclose resident’s protected health information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Executive Director.
- As part of the admission process, meet with the resident and family to review policies on advance directives, resident rights and non-discrimination.
- Conduct and document a social services evaluation, including identification of resident problems/needs.
- Provide/arrange for social work services as indicated by resident/family needs.
- Assist resident, as needed, with financial planning.
- Keep the resident’s family informed of resident problems, personal needs, transfers, and changes of level assignment.
- Meet with the appropriate facility staff concerning resident issues.
- Act in compliance with all corporate, state, federal, and other regulatory standards.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities.
- Assist with discharge planning.
- Works under the direction of the Director of Resident and Family Services.
- Satisfaction surveys indicate that resident, families, employees, and visitors are treated with respect and compassion.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interactions with employees, residents, families, and visitors, and the community at large.
- Embrace Consulate Health Care’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect, and passion, and incorporate them into the daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
- May be trained and assigned to perform the Customer Care Liaison duties as needed.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care information including protected health information.
- Report known or suspected incidents of unauthorized disclosure of such information.
- Knock before entering a resident’s room.
- Ensure that all social services personnel are knowledgeable for the resident’s rights and responsibilities including the right of refusal.
- Review complaints and grievances made by the resident and make a written/oral report to the Executive Director indicating what action(s) were taken to resolve the complaint or grievance. Follow facility’s established procedures.
- Provide residents with information concerning resident rights, living wills, etc. Explain as necessary.
- Participate in resident/group council meetings as requested and provide support services to such council.
Social Services Assistant
Requirements - Social Services Assistant:
- Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility.
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Works beyond normal working hours, weekends and holidays and on other shifts/positions as necessary.
- Is subject to call back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the workday, as well as to reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
- Communicates with nursing personnel, and other department personnel.
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel, visitors, etc.
- Is involved with residents, family members, personnel, visitors, government agencies and personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Must have a minimum of Associates Degree and/or Social Services Related Area
- One (1) year experience in long-term care preferred.
- Must demonstrate the ability to assess resident needs and coordinate the discharge planning process.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to, and be an example of teamwork and team concept.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, resident, family members, visitors, and the general public.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level in which they are currently functioning.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
(With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices)
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of the company, which include a medical and physical examination.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people within the facility.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
Consulate Health Care - 15 months ago
Admin Support Assistant
Southwest General Health Ctr
Middleburg Heights, OH
Southwest General Health Center
- 7 days ago
The GEO Group, Inc.
The GEO Group, Inc.
- 1 day ago
Richmond Heights, OH
- 14 days ago