Fountain Care Center, LLC in Orange, CA, a leader in the long-term care industry , invites you to join us. Our culture is that of an innovative, ethical, and caring team. If you want to help people and really make a difference in the quality of their lives, then think of us. In the process, you will make a real difference in your life as well.
Responsible for the planning and implementation of social services program. If more than a one person department, responsibilities may include the supervision of other social workers or social service designees.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Assists Administrator in the annual development, administering, and coordinating of department policies and procedures.
- Keeps abreast of current federal and state regulations, as well as professional standards.
- Participates in discharge planning, and development and implementation of care plans and MDS.
- Schedules the visits of outside consultants to the facility, including, but not limited to: dentist, podiatrist, audiologist, psychologist, psychiatrist and optometrist
- Refers residents/families to appropriate social service agencies when the services are not provided onsite.
- Provides Medicare/Medicaid information to residents/families, as well as other available financial assistance programs.
- Provides consultation to members of staff, community agencies, etc., in efforts to solve the needs and problems of the resident through the development of social services program.
- Maintains quality working relationship with the medical profession and other health related facilities and organizations.
- Coordinates social service activities with other departments as necessary.
- Works with facility consultants and implements change as indicated.
- Reviews and develops a plan of correction for social service deficiencies noted during survey inspections, providing a written copy of Administrator for review.
- Reviews any resident/family concerns/grievances and forwards to the appropriate department manager and Administrator for follow up and resolution
- Participate in surveys and inspections made by authorized government agencies as related to the social services department.
- Interviews residents/family members as necessary to obtain information for completion of social history, assessments, progress notes, MDS and care plans while assuring that all required federal and state paperwork is completed accurately and timely.
- Assures that social service progress notes are informative and descriptive of the services provided and of the resident's response to the service while following federal and state timelines.
- Have knowledge of mental health and how to address symptoms or find proper placement for behaviors that the facility can not manage.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelors Deree in Social Work or a Human Services field. LSW possibly required in accordance with State law.
One year of supervised work experience in a health care center working directly with individuals.
Positions with supervisory requirements must have a minimum of 2 years experience working in a superivsory capacity within a hospital, skilled nursing facility, or other related health care facility.
Skilled Healthcare - 5 months ago