Supervises the social work department in order to provide quality persons served services in accordance with facility policy, and state and federal regulations. To identify and provide for each person served medically related social services needs and to promote each persons served potential during their stay as well as preparation for discharge and other duties as directed by the Administrator and VP BIS for program issues, direction and services.
1. Develops and maintains medically related social services to meet the needs of each person served and the state, federal and facility guidelines.
2. Determines each persons served eligibility for assistance as provided by federal, state, county programs and private insurance programs. This includes Medicare and Medicaid. Assures that the application for assistance is completed thoroughly and timely.
3. Prepares and completes all necessary forms and paperwork during the pre-admission and admission process and during the stay.
4. Develops and maintains a complete plan of care to meet the needs of each persons served and complete a persons served assessment and MDS process and maintain current and accurate written documentation.
5. Is an active participant in the interdisciplinary care plan process, including behavioral planning.
6. Coordinates the advanced directive process to allow each persons served to determine their medical care/agent and to coordinate and maintain guardianship services for appropriate persons served.
7. Works with each persons served guardian, family, staff and community agencies to develop an appropriate discharge plan.
8. Assists persons served in securing assistance with their personal needs in collaboration with facility staff, local, county and state agencies.
9. Interprets and promotes persons served rights and responsibilities.
10. Coordinates and make room assignments.
11. Works closely with each persons served guardian in resolving psycho-social issues and initial and ongoing adjustment to the facility's environment.
12. Is available for persons served, their guardian, and family members and to act as their advocate when appropriate.
13. Develops and maintains facility sponsored support programs including persons served council and family council.
14. Serves as an active member on assigned committees and attends all department head meetings.
15. Participates in community planning related to the interests of the facility and services and needs of the persons served and the family.
16. Develops, review and update all department policies and procedures on a regular basis.
17. Is an integral part in development of the Brain Injury Services program and CARF certification.
1. Performs all duties in a professional manner.
2. Reports on the functions of the department.
3. Is an effective part of the management team.
4. Abides by all facility rules and regulations.
5. Keeps persons served, facility and professional matters confidential.
6. Assists in the process of securing payment of persons served bills.
7. Is available to work outside of normal working hours as necessary.
8. Maintains a neat appearance and pleasant personality.
9. Ensures that staff adheres to and implement all facility and program initiatives,
procedures and policies.
10. Adheres to and implements all facility and program initiatives, procedures and policies.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Social Work from an accredited program. Master's degree in social work preferred. Two to three years experience in casework desirable. Must possess and maintain a Minnesota LSW in good standing.
Welcov Healthcare provides progressive health care and specialized services in the communities we serve. Our warm, welcoming environments...