Commonwealth Community Care is a clinical affiliate of Commonwealth Care Alliance, a growing nonprofit organization that has been nationally recognized for our innovative approach to healthcare for people with disabilities. We have openings for individuals who want to be part of a committed and collaborative interdisciplinary clinical team providing high quality primary care and service coordination to individuals with special health care needs.
We offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning, competitive salaries, and a generous and comprehensive benefit package.
The Social Services Support Specialist provides social service support including home visits to patients at the request of the Manager of Long Term Support Services. Additionally, the Social Service Support Specialist assists patients with accessing appropriate community services and works collaboratively with the clinical team and other departments to ultimately promote a culture that reinforces the value of community life.
· Assists patients with applications for basic benefit programs and makes referrals to appropriate community resources.
· Refers patients to appropriate CCC staff for assistance with health-related or medical equipment issues, and alerts clinicians to any marked mental status/mood changes, or rapidly worsening medical changes.
· Works to insure patient’s right to fair and equitable treatment in all circumstances and to assist patient in maintaining independence.
· Assists patients with MassHealth reviews and appeals.
· Collaborates with the clinical team as needed to assist with patients who are transitioning from facilities to the community.
· BA in Social Work, Psychology or related field preferred. May consider experience in lieu of degree
· 3 years’ experience in social services or other relevant field desired .
· Experience with disability and commitment to working with a culturally diverse, low-income population a plus.
· Proven skills, knowledge base, and judgment necessary for independent decision making .
· Excellent organizational, time management, problem-solving skills.
· Ability to function effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
· Effective oral and written skills.
· Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills.
· Knowledge of community resources, the social security system, and MassHealth eligibility criteria.
· Ability to make home visits in a community based setting.
For more information, visit our website at www.commonwealthcommunitycare.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Commonwealth Care Alliance - 10 months ago