All candidates must currently be in the Social Work Assistant 3 title or reachable on the Civil Service eligible list or eligible for transfer pursuant to Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
The duties that the incumbent of the vacancy will be expected to perform.
The Social Work Assistant 3 will provide supervision and oversight to the Family Care Providers (FCP). The Social Work Assistant 3 will ensure that the safety and health of the consumers are met in the Family Care Home (FCH). It will be the responsibility of the Social Worker Assistant 3 to monitor the homes to ensure that any safety and health issues are immediately addressed and that the required follow up is completed. The Social Work Assistant 3 will make sure that FCP adhere to the family care policies relative to health and safety of the consumer while in their FCH.
Additional responsibilities include:
NOTE: Travel will be involved in the performance of the duties of the position. This may include a state-owned vehicle, as available or the employee's own car. An employee who uses his/her own car will be reimbursed at current negotiated rates.
- Auditing the FC records in both Ulster and Dutchess Counties
- Providing oversight visits to FCH’s
- Follow up of consumers who reside in SNF who are awaiting a permanent placement in the community
- Review the 239’s and Residential Habilitation plans
- Provide training to the FCP as requested
- Responsible for TIMES and SFS for the Dutchess County FCHL’s
- Complete investigation as assigned
- Provide coverage for the Family Care Supervisor and other duties as assigned
StateJobsNY - 30+ days ago