Social Worker Supervisor
• Reporting to Program Director provide weekly supervision of two social workers and three social work graduate students who are supervising para-professional homemakers assigned to work with families at risk of foster care removal
• Cover graduate student cases when needed
• Document casework and supervision
• Develop a strong working relationship with New York City Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) and Human Resources Administration staff
• Prepare written annual evaluations for social work staff
• Participate in hiring and evaluation of homemakers
• Develop and assist in Homemaker In- Service Training
• Provide coverage for Program Director when needed
• Participate in rotating weekend emergency on-call coverage
• Work collaboratively with Scheduler, Training Coordinator.
• MSW plus three to five years of supervisory experience in a social service setting
• Demonstrated culturally competent social work practice
• Experience working with families impacted by HIV/AIDS a plus
• Excellent writing and organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of community resources
• SIFI certificate preferred
• Bilingual ability (Spanish language) preferred
• Ability to travel within the five boroughs of New York City
• Computer literate (Excel spreadsheet proficiency a plus).
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer
Hours per Week:
Full or Part Time:
Salary or Hourly:
LMB- 45th Street