Requires a bachelor’s degree in social work and licensure as a Licensed Social Worker (LSW) by the North Dakota Board of Social Work Examiners (ND CC 43-41); Individuals may be required to work non-traditional work hours. The ability to visit persons in their own homes is required for this position. Because this position requires some transportation of clients, a valid driver’s license, proof of capability to transport clients and adequate vehicle insurance is required. Agency vehicles are available for visits; however, employee will need to provide personal transportation at times in this position. The successful applicant must pass a standard background, motor vehicle and criminal record check.
Preference will be given to applicants with extensive child welfare experience and a current North Dakota Social Worker license.
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: Traci Van Beek
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950) . Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950 .
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employing Unit: Grand Forks County Social Services
Telephone Number: 701-787-8543
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
The primary responsibilities of this position are coordinating and scheduling visitation between children in foster care and family members including arranging transportation, participating in child and family team meetings, and testifying in court.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
North Dakota State Government - 18 months ago