Under the direction of the Home and Community Based Care Supervisor, the Social Worker II is assigned to the Long Term Care Unit as a case manager. Case management is provided under the following waiver programs CADI, BI, and CAC. Duties and responsibilities include intake, eligibility determination, screening, service authorization, and review of service eligibility for residents of Carver County. Case management activities include; development of service plans, informing the individual or their legal representative of service options, assisting clients in the identification of potential providers, assisting clients in accessing services, evaluation and monitoring of the services identified in the service plan, and annual reviews of service plans.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs client screening and intake functions and activities for the division or program area.
• Performs and conducts a variety of activities, tasks and functions associated with treatment planning, evaluation and assessment.
• Implements and provides professional social/human services to clients, their families and/or the community.
• Implements and performs all case management requirements, documentations and monitoring required to meet mandates, to document services, and to meet the needs of clients.
• Performs a variety of community relations, public relations and outreach services in assigned program areas.
• Collaborates with other professionals, providers, therapists, health professionals, internal departments, law enforcement, community or governmental agencies in coordinating resources and in meeting the needs of clients.
• Performs other comparable duties of a like or similar nature as assigned.
• BA or BS in Psychology, social work, sociology, or related area.
• Minimum of 1 year previous experience in human/social services.
• Requires a valid MN driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility
SCORED EXAMINATION PROCESS:
All applications will be screened for minimum qualifications, scored and ranked. The highest ranked candidates meeting minimum qualifications will be recommended for the scored oral examination (interview). Final selection for the position will include successful completion of oral interviews and background investigations.
Carver County, MN - 22 months ago