We are looking for a Social Worker that is passionate
about the geriatric population! The Social Worker will
abide by and practice according to company Social
Service Policies and Procedures Manual, State and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Director of Social Services
- Assist with planning and implementing a
comprehensive social service program which provides
for counseling and other support services for
residents and families in the Center.
- Identify medical related social needs of residents,
provides appropriate services to meet the
individual, as well as collective needs of residents
and maintains records relating to the residents’
social work needs and care.
- Work directly with residents and families
experiencing personal and environmental difficulties
or concerns related to the resident’s physical or
- Promote the preservation of the resident’s physical
and mental health and to prevent the occurrence or
progression of personal or social problems.
- Maintain written record of the frequency and nature
of the social service consultation and services
- Ensure and document that residents and/or families
have input into the care planning process.
- Act as a liaison between residents, families,
outside agencies and the Center Administrator to
ensure that the resident’s rights are maintained and
- Function in a manner that adheres to all policies
and procedures of the Center as a representative of
the CareOne Center Administration.
- Coordinate discharge planning and assists with
developing an organized discharge plan for all
- Concern self with the safety of all Center residents
in order to minimize the potential for fire and
- Ensure that the Center adheres to legal, safety,
health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar
with his/her role in carrying out the Center’s fire,
safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with
- Put customer service first and upholds the CareOne
Culture of Excellence Pledge.
- Ensure that residents and families receive the
highest quality of service in a caring and
compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the
individuals’ needs and rights.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work is required.
- LSW or CSW in the state of practice.
- Long-term care experience preferred.
- MDS 3.0 experience required.
- Sub Acute experience preferred.
CareOne - 6 months ago