About Democracy Prep:
Democracy Prep Public Schools is a growing network of free, open-enrollment, high-performing
public charter schools committed to preparing students for success in college and active citizenship. Democracy Prep’s DREAM Team of teachers and staff currently educates over 2,000 scholars in grades K-12. A pioneer in authentic civic education and charter school turnaround, Democracy Prep achieves remarkable academic growth for all students, especially those with special needs. By proving that all students, regardless of where they are born or their initial academic performance, can achieve at extremely high academic levels, Democracy Prep seeks to transform not only the lives of our students, but also raise the expectations for public schools across the nation and beyond.
The mission of Democracy Prep is to educate responsible citizen-scholars for success in the college of their choice and a life of active citizenship
Our ambitious and necessary mission requires tremendous individual and collective effort. The Democracy Prep DREAM Team of teachers, leaders, and staff represent the top 1% of all applicants and executes our mission everyday with a zeal that embraces our unofficial motto:
Change the World!
For more information about our schools, please visit us online at
About the position:
The Social Worker will work closely with students and families to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom.
- Provide crisis intervention and behavior management to expedite students’ return to classrooms for learning and to build students’ ability to meet the school’s high expectations;
- Provide one-on-one counseling or group counseling as needed to students and families;
- Coordinate school meetings with families;
- Train others to identify students and family members who may benefit from regular one-on-one counseling or group counseling;
- Develop and implement curriculum for social and emotional development/intervention with students.
- Manage administrative and appropriate direct-service elements of the referral process for social services and special education services
Required Core Competencies include:
- Absolute commitment to the mission of Democracy Prep.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively.
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills.
Educational Background and Work Experience:
- A master’s degree in social work from a competitive college or university is required.
- LMSW or LCSW required.
- 2+ years of social work experience preferred.
Democracy Prep staff members are provided with a competitive salary, full benefits, and a working environment that includes all the necessary technology and resources to succeed.
Most of all, you will join a DREAM Team of like-minded professionals who work to achieve the same mission ensuring that our students work hard, go to college, and change the world!
: Job descriptions are created to give you an idea of what you might do, but do not dictate responsibilities. Members of the DREAM Team embody an “all hands on deck” mentality and do whatever it takes to get the job done regardless of title.
Welcome to Democracy Prep Public Schools, a network of open-enrollment, high-performing, "no excuses" public charter schools...