Evangelical Homes of Michigan (EHM) is a full service health and human service organization that provides health care, housing and community services to older adults and their families in southeast Michigan. Founded in 1879, EHM is one of the largest nonprofits of its kind and one of the oldest in the state, serving more than 2300 older adults annually. EHM has been consistently recognized for its leadership and innovation over the years, and was named one of Michigan’s top 25 workplaces by the Detroit Free Press.
Evangelical Homes of Michigan (EHM) is excited to welcome a new full time Social Worker to join in the continued mission and growth of our Evangelical Homes of Saline healthcare and rehabilitation facility. In our Saline Community, we are dedicated to providing care solutions in long-term care, respite care, memory care, hospice care, and short-term rehabilitation. Our Social Workers, in partnership with the Director of Social Work, are responsible for assisting in the planning, evaluating and directing of the overall operations of the Social Work department, in accordance to the mission, core values, and standards set by Evangelical Homes of Michigan.
Responsibilities for the Social Worker include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Start and coordinate discharge process upon admission.
- Meet with clients and families to determine appropriate pathway for the resident and patient.
- Accurately complete and assess the MDS for residents and patients, as well as required chart documentation.
- Provide emotional support to clients and families.
- Participate in committee membership as needed.
- Work collaboratively with team members and personnel.
This opportunity is full time, with a day-shift schedule. In order to assist in meeting the needs of the residents and families we serve, this position may include working into the evenings along with a four hour rotation on Saturdays. Our organization offers competitive wages, along with a fast paced and motivating working environment. To learn more about the mission and values of our organization, please visit our website at www.ehmchoices.org.
- Must possess a Bachelors Degree from an approved school of Social Work.
- Must have as a minimum, 1 year supervised social work experience in a health care setting working directly with individuals.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, including active listening.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles, and be willing to incorporate and embrace them into existing Social Work methodology and practice.
- Serve clients enthusiastically with self direction in supporting our Mission and Core Values daily.
Evangelical Homes of Michigan is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V. Qualified applicants must be presently eligible to work in the United States. Applicants will be required to undergo a criminal background check and pre-employment physical upon the acceptance of a verbal offer.
Evangelical Homes - 21 months ago