Seeking Social Worker!
Medical Care Management
Southern Indiana/Louisville, Kentucky area
Floyd Memorial Hospital
In this role, the Medical Social Worker will address the medical, psychological and social needs of the patient across the continuum of care in accordance with the hospital mission, vision and the Code of Ethics of the Social Work profession.
This position provides social work services to patients and families who are faced with social, emotional and situational stressors precipitated by illness, injury and/or disability. The Medical Social Worker provides developmentally appropriate care for the hospitalized patient population, which includes planning for the safe discharge and continuity of care, the ability to recognize and plan for the needs of all ages as well as the physically disabled, mentally ill, chronically ill and terminally ill patient.
- As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, the Medical Social Worker is responsible for assessing and providing support and intervention for the social and emotional needs of patients and their families to promote continuity of care and services following hospitalization. Functions include: psychosocial assessment, mental health evaluation and referral, crisis interventions, patient advocacy, adoption, resource and financial assistance, screening
- The Medical Social Worker is assigned to the new Observation Unit and/or specific patient populations to provide services to patients and families whose medical, psychological and/or social situation impacts compliance with the care plan, the provision of appropriate health care services for the patient, and/or timely discharge.
- Works collaboratively with the Case Manager and other patient care team members
- Serves as an advocate to ensure that the patient’s physical, psychological and social needs are identified and met in a timely manner and that rights are respected and addressed.
- Opportunity to work in a Regional, Non-Profit Hospital
- Opportunity to work with a wide array of patients
- Opportunity to work for an organization that promotes continued education
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits. We are conveniently located 10 minutes from downtown Louisville at 1850 State Street, New Albany, IN 47150. EOE.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work.
- Requires Social Work certification in the State of Indiana within 6 months of hire date.
- Minimum two (2) years experience as a MSW in an acute care hospital.
- Acute care discharge planning experience preferred.
- Requires active licensure in the State of Indiana as a licensed Social Worker or as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
Expert Medicine. Exceptional Care.
Floyd Memorial Hospital - 16 months ago