Provides full range of hospice social work service and bereavement support to patient and families primarily in the inpatient care center setting, as well as in the home and institutional setting when providing assistance to team social worker coverage. Reports to the Patient Care Manager of the inpatient care center and will maintain good communication with both the senior social worker of the field team and Administrator of the field team in order meet the ongoing needs of patients and their families regardless of geographic location. Works with interdisciplinary team directly, or through coordination of team members, to provide appropriate assessment of and support to patients and families. Serves as liaison with other community resources; assists staff, patient’s physician and volunteers in understanding significant social and emotional factors affecting a patient and family during terminal illness. Provides assessment for normal and complicated grief and provides brief bereavement counseling as appropriate. Works assigned on call shifts. Due to business needs, may be required to work different shifts, teams and location.
Master's in Social Work. Current license as a Clinical Social Worker preferered. If no license, must be eligible for license and must be registered as a Registered Clincial Social Work Intern (RCSWI) with state. If not registered as RCSWI upon hire, must do so within 90 days of hire. Must obtain license as a Clinical Social Worker within 3 years of hire. 1-2 years experience in field. Experience working with interdisciplinary team preferred. Hospice experience preferred. Ability to work non-judgmentally with persons of varied cultural, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds and lifestyles. Current Florida Driver's license and insurance.
About the Company
Serving North Florida since 1979 and licensed as a not-for-profit hospice since 1980, Haven Hospice has been honored and privileged to care for more than 45,000 patients and families. The organization is home to offices in Bunnell, Chiefland, DeLand, Gainesville, Jacksonville, Lake City, New Smyrna, Orange Park, Palatka and St. Augustine, covering 18 counties and more than 13,000 square miles.
At Haven Hospice, we realize that finding the ideal career fit means an environment that offers the best balance for work and life. We’re more than an employer and you are more than an employee. We realize there is more to your place of work than just a paycheck. Our employees are our greatest assets.
One of the ways we recognize the value of our employees is by offering an outstanding and comprehensive flexible benefits program unique to you and your lifestyle. This includes, but is not limited to, a competitive compensation program, an outstanding 401(k) program, a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) program with additional holidays, mileage reimbursement for those employees who use their vehicles for work-related travel, employee referral bonuses, education reimbursement, and free parking.
Haven Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a Drug Free Workplace, and ACHC accredited.
- A competitive compensation program that is market tested bi-annually, which includes excellent shift differentials, premium pay, holiday pay and on-call pay. In addition, there is an annual performance-based merit increase, which over the last five years has averaged more than 3 percent each year.
- An outstanding 401(k) plan with a 100 percent match up to the first three percent and then 50 percent for the next two percent. In addition, there is an annual discretionary target contribution, which over the past two consecutive years has been an additional four percent!
- A generous PTO program that increases with longevity of service. Organizational holidays are in addition to the PTO program and separate hours are accrued in an Extended Illness Bank for serious illness or surgery.
- Excellent shift differentials, premium pay, holiday pay and on-call pay .
- A generous mileage reimbursement program for staff that use their cars for work-related travel.
- A Tuition Reimbursement program of up to $750 each year. In addition, employees who meet the necessary requirements are eligible to receive up to $5250 per year towards work on an undergraduate or graduate degree that is relevant to their position.
- Partial reimbursement for gym or health club membership .
- An employee recognition program with service awards at five-year intervals.
- A comprehensive new employee orientation .
- Health and dental insurance plans for full- and part-time employees.
- Company-Paid life insurance equal to one times the employee’s annual salary.
- Supplemental Employee and dependent life insurance.
- Medical, vision and dependent care reimbursement accounts .