2 years experience required
Computer skills required
Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale , Florida is a full-service, non-profit Catholic hospital, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and a member of Catholic Health East.
Since we opened our doors in 1955, the name Holy Cross remains synonymous with medical excellence and highly personalized care with sincere human compassion and understanding.
While spirituality plays an essential role in the way that we minister to our patients, we also maintain state-of-the-art technology, a highly acclaimed medical staff and a variety of innovative services to provide healthcare for the entire family.
Holy Cross is accredited by the Joint Commission and is the first hospital in Broward County to be designated a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center . Our many accolades include the 2008 and 2009 U.S.News & World Report " Best Hospital " ranking for Orthopedics and the 2009 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
This is a full-time position with benefits. For details of the benefits visit the career section of our website.
- Perform and document comprehensive psychosocial assessment.
- Identify patient/family's psychosocial needs.
- Assess and enhance patient/family coping skills.
- Assist/facilitate advance care planning.
- Facilitate grief/bereavement counseling.
- Facilitate patient/family meeting for goal setting and care planning.
- Facilitate discharge plannning and transition to appropriate setting.
- Liaison between palliative care team and community hospice, home care agencies, long term care facilities and other community services.
- Coordinates access to educational and outreach services in the community
- Provide appropriate community referrals.
- Liaison between palliative care team and hospital quality improvement, discharge planning and social service departments.
- Attend palliative care team meetings for the developmental, operational and administrative function of the palliative care service.
- Responsible for palliative care literature resource development
* Masters Degree in Social Work is required
* Advanced Certification in Hospice and Palliative Care or at least 20 hours of CEU related to hopice and palliative care.
* Two years of documented supervised social work experience in hospice and palliative care.
* Adherence to NASW Code of Ethics and NASW Standards for End of Life Care necessary.
* State of Florida Licensed Clinical Social Worker
* LCSW is a requirement
Holy Cross Hospital - 23 months ago