Contact: Patrice Cox, Recruiter
To assess, plan, implement, coordinate, monitor and evaluate the care and services of patients across the illness continuum. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: GED, High School Diploma, College
Licensure: Bachelor’s Degree acceptable, Master’s Degree preferred, from an accredited school of Social Work, current licensure in the State of Mississippi.
Experience: At least 1 year experience in a healthcare setting or equivalent experience in managing cases.
Special Skills: Computer literate.
- Excellent interviewing, assessment, and communication and clinical counseling skills.
- Thorough working knowledge of community resources, eligibility quidelines, and availability to patients/families.
- Working knowledge of social and financial systems.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time efficiently.
- Ability to manage several projects and multiple cases concurrently.
- Ability to coordinate patient care between a variety of ancillary services and settings.
- Recognize quality of care/risk issues and report these to the appropriate individual.
- Working knowledge of McKesson (Interqual) criteria.
- Assessment of age specific data in terms of patient’s needs.
- Working knowledge of Medicare Parts A&B, Medicaid, other payor sources, and DRG assignments.
Must conduct statistical analysis.
Must have the ability to interpret key information and make decisions regarding patient care and discharge planning issues.
Generally sedentary, occasionally extended periods of walking required. Able to lift 30 lbs.
Employee understands and agrees to abide by MRHC Corporate Compliance Plan which is located in the Supervisor’s Policy and Procedure Manual under the N-drive.
Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of the development characteristics for the age of the patient.
Magnolia Regional Health Center - 16 months ago