Colorado LSW or LCSW required
3 years of experience required
- Facilitates admission to hospice by providing support and counseling to families and patients during the referral and admission process.
- Provides direct casework and counseling services to the patient/family including psychosocial, individual and family assessment, crisis intervention, and referral to community resources.
- Provides an explanation of hospice and palliative care services with, or without, signing of consents, during informational visits or while the ARN is completing the clinical piece of the admission.
- Weekend requirements to include 2 weekend days per month.
- 3 years experience as a Social Worker providing clinical services in a medical or mental health setting preferred
- Practical experience in assessment and counseling in a medical or mental health setting
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent people skills with the ability to build relationships and trust quickly
Since 1978, The Denver Hospice has been a leader in hospice and palliative care. We offer a range of services to patients and families in...