Provides individual/group therapy/education/support services to patients, families and staff. Provides psychosocial assessment, counseling, crisis intervention, referrals and information to patients and families. As a member of the Medical Management Department works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to effect positive patient and family outcomes.
1. Knowledgeable of Social Work principles and standard practices.
2. Effective oral and written communication skills.
3. Knowledgeable of community resources.
4. Able to work with people of all social, economic, and cultural backgrounds
5. Flexible, open-minded and adaptable to change
6. Demonstrated ability to connect patients and families with appropriate services
7. Bilingual English/Spanish, culturally sensitive.
8. Able to communicate orally and in writing in English and Spanish to include therapeutic counseling interventions.
A. Work Experience:
1. One-year professional experience in a hospital or health related setting, preferred.
2. One-year emergency department/outpatient clinic setting social work experience preferred for positions in ED and Clinic areas.
1. Must hold a current Texas Social Work license and be in good standing with the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners.
2. Adherence to the National Association of Social Work Code of Ethics.
C. Education and Training:
Bachelor Degree in Social Work from an accredited University. Masters degree preferred.
University Medical Center of El Paso - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -