1. Provides emotional support and coordination of care for patients enrolled in the HIV Primary Care Program.
2. Performs mental health/chemical health screening.
3. Serves as the HIV program information resource contact for patient and clinic needs.
4. In coordination with program provider or registered nurse, provides direct case management to clients seeking care, including assisting clients with insurance and/or other payment programs and arranging transportation.
5. Maintains a comprehensive and current knowledge of community resources, is available for consultation with other clinic staff regarding these resources, makes referrals which appropriately utilize these resources, and assists patients in allocation of resources.
6. Assists with program data collection, tracking, and follow-up needs of clients.
HIV Primary Care Program:
This program supports those who are high risk, HIV positive, or family members of those living with HIV /AIDS. This program offers many services including: HIV screening, primary health care, emotional support, health education, case management, and HIV outreach. To address the support needs of patients and their families we offer: support groups, family retreats, individual counseling, psychiatric assessments, and more.
1. Master’s Degree.
2. Seeking LGSW or equivalent.
3. Ability to speak, read and write in Spanish and English.
4. Previous case management/clinical work in community health setting.
5. Demonstrated success in working effectively with target population.
6. Knowledge of HIV programming.
7. Knowledge of patient education.
8. Ability to exercise initiative, judgment and decision-making in meeting clinic and program objectives.
Name: Human Resources
Email: No emails please.
Phone: No phone calls please.
West Side Community Health Services - 23 months ago