The Softcopy Keys Maintenance Technologist is responsible for the design and development of a Web-based tool to help identify equipment based on physical characteristics. The individual will work in a collaborative atmosphere with Government employees as well as other contractors. He/she must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and have the ability to prioritize requirements. The ability to coordinate tasks, meet established deadlines, and communicate effectively is essential. Specific duties include:
- Transfer data across multi-level security domains of the Softcopy Keys database.
- Maintain a development backlog of unfulfilled requirements. Assist stakeholders in organizing and prioritizing requirements for development.
- Develop application features as directed by SCK program management.
- Prepare presentations on Softcopy Keys for NGA and representatives from the Intelligence Community, Services, Commands, and Commonwealth (if export control approval is received).
- BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent degree, or 4 years commensurate experience in database administration, Web development, or other relevant computer software applications domain.
- 2 years of experience developing in a team environment using an Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) Language such as PHP, .NET, Java.
- 2 years of database administration using Oracle, MySQL, Sybase or a similar Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- Experience with FTP, SFTP, SMTP, DHCP, LDAP, and Linux/ Unix/ Solaris shell scripting.
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies such as Agile (scrum) or iterative.
- Experience with MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability to effectively communicate design ideas, project status, issues, and resolutions to relevant parties.
- PHP or Java experience.
- Familiar with Model View Controller (MVC) frameworks such as Yii, Zand, and/or Symphony.
- Familiar with AJAX and Web 2.0 technologies.
- Working knowledge of version control software (e.g., Subversion, Mercurial, Git).