The “Software Architect” in this role is responsible for software development across multiple platforms for Beats’ family of products. This individual will be working to develop awesome software that is scalable, functional, and reliable.
- Provide decision-making leadership in technology choices and standards for SaaS platforms.
- Develop the architectures for multi node ecosystems ranging from embedded devices up to cloud services.
- Ensure services can support thousands of concurrent users, are low latency, secure, and reliable.
- Develop software requirements specifications, software design specifications, UML diagrams and APIs.
- Develop working, readable, testable, scalable, maintainable, and quality source code.
- Deliver materials on time, on budget, and of high quality.
- Work with hardware and software developers in a wide range of disciplines to develop fully integrated applications.
- B.S. in Computer Science or other related disciplines.
- 7+ years of software development.
- 5+ years of developing complex web services.
- Must have designed and developed schemas for large-scale MySQL databases.
- Must have experience with Amazon Web Services including EC2, S3, RDS, CloudFront, Glacier, etc.
- Must have experience quickly scaling up servers based on user demand.
- Experience interfacing with embedded software in consumer electronic products.
- Experience with audio and/or video streaming.
- Experience with media streaming protocols like Shoutcast and RTMP.
- Experience with open source technologies including Spring, Struts, Hibernate.
- Experience with UML, and any other requirements/designs methodologies.
- Experience with application support tools like New Relic, Splunk, Loggly, AppDynamics, etc.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design with appropriate use of Design Patterns.
- Knowledge of source code control tools like Git, SVN or CVS.
- Knowledge of Agile software development. Knowledge of other software development life cycles like RUP or Waterfall is acceptable.
- Knowledge of bug tracking tools like Bugzilla or Jira.
- Experience with iOS or Android development is a plus.
- Experience with PC or Mac application development is a plus.
ABOUT BEATS ELECTRONICS LLC:
Established in 2008 as the brainchild of legendary artist and producer Dr. Dre and Chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M Records Jimmy Iovine, Beats Electronics provides a premium sound experience at every touch point of the consumer’s life. It is the parent company of the Beats™ by Dr. Dre™ line of high-quality headphones, Beats Audio™ HD-sound systems, and the MOG digital music service. The company's mission is to provide a superior end-to-end music experience - with headphones, devices and services - so fans feel the emotion and hear the music the way artists intended it to sound from the studio. This experience is aided by partnerships with HP, Chrysler Group and HTC Mobile. Led by Co-Founder & CEO Jimmy Iovine, Co-Founder Dr. Dre, and President & COO Luke Wood, Beats Electronics is based in Santa Monica, CA.
To learn more about our company and products please visit http://beatsbydre.com .
Beats Electronics LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Beats By Dr. Dre - 21 months ago