HomeAway is searching for Software Architects to work on our platform team. HomeAway Architects are hands-on coders as well as high-level designers and thinkers - they are responsible for developing a deep understanding of our systems, refactoring and improving those systems for maintainability and standards compliance in a high-activity environment, and for designing the integrations between those systems.
Most of our core infrastructure is Java-based - extremely strong Java skills are an absolute must. Some experience in other programming languages and platforms (C#/.NET and Ruby in particular) are nice to have. Demonstrated experience in building highly scalable and performant services in an SOA environment is a must. Strong relational database skills are a must, and experience with NoSQL solutions will be a plus.
Our Architects are our technical leaders - strong mentoring skills are a primary consideration for this role.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of related experience building n-tier web applications.
- Strong advocate of disciplined software development: configuration management using Git or SVN (we use Git), issue tracking, estimation and Agile methodology.
- Experience with Java sites developed using Spring and running on a Java app server such as Resin, Tomcat, or JBoss.
- Experience building REST-based APIs with JAX-RS, JAXB, and Jersey.
- Strong SQL skills and experience with MSSQL (MS SQL Server) or similar relational database will be required.
- Proven ability to build unit tests using JUnit and tracking code coverage.
- Knowledge of Maven and/or Ant build scripts will be required.
- Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus – especially in the areas of writing high-performance, scalable, reliable and maintainable code.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
HomeAway, Inc. based in Austin, Texas, is the world's leading online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, with sites representing...