Corpedia, the leader in risk assessment and eLearning for ethics and compliance, currently has an opening for an experienced Software Architect. The architect will be responsible for providing technical leadership and architecture design for software development team as well as team leadership and development. They will also develop, support, and maintain our proprietary enterprise applications using Ruby. The position will be located in downtown Phoenix, AZ at our corporate offices.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Technical leadership - Leading the team on technology decisions/ directions as they apply to software development.
· Design/ architecture - Performs systems design and application architecture for software applications, custom tools and/or web sites.
· Team Leadership - The architect will be responsible for ensure proper technical tasks are assigned to team members and is the liaison to answer technical questions.
· Development - The architect will be expected to perform hands-on development in languages including: Closure, Ruby on Rails, PHP
· Code/ peer reviews - The architect will lead code reviews or delegate accordingly to ensure proper code reviews are done
· Estimations/ time lines - The architect will be expected to facilitate estimations of stories or technical tasks to ensure timely delivery of software. Architect will make technical decisions to meet time lines and will escalate risks to management on items jeopardizing deliverables.
· Technical decision making - The architect will be responsible for making the final call on technical approaches as options are posed and discussed by the team.
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Minimum 10+ years of software development experience
· Minimum 3+ years experience in a senior developer role
· Web development language framework - 7+ years development with languages including: Ruby on Rails, PHP, Closure Java, C#, ASP.net, SQL/ Stored Procedures
· Prior class and data modelling experience (3+ years)
· Prior experience leading a team of developers
· Excellent communication skills with team members and project stakeholders.
· Team player in an agile environment
· Knowledge of working and deploying to UNIX environment
· Familiarity with web template languages such as PHP, JSP or ASP
· Test driven / behavior driven development