Design and deliver stable, maintainable software that is operationally sound. Help identify new technologies in the industry and bring them to bear against our many challenges and technologies, from rich-media handheld applications to Web 2.0 tools to large-scale data systems.
Responsibilities of Software Architect:
- Must be able to code hands-on while designing solutions based on deep technical knowledge of scalable web and database architectures.
- Lead an agile team while implementing engineering best-practices.
- Set high-level design objectives.
- Review and critique software designs proposed by senior developers.
- Write technical documentation and present architecture to others.
- Participating in the implementation of critical code pieces.
Requirements for Software Architect:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent, followed by 7 or more years of professional software development experience.
- Extremely strong CS fundamentals and analytical abilities.
- Expertise in Java as well as Object Oriented Design.
- Taste for simplicity , elegance in technical design and a willingness or passion to learn new technology such as Scala, NoSQL, Hadoop, Clojure, RESTful or JSON.
- Experience leading small teams, establishing development practices, and mentoring individuals.
- 5+ years of experience with server-side technologies and major application servers.
- Strong SQL and data modeling skills, as well as real-world experience with commercial RDMBS.
- Strong plusses would be use of Open Source libraries and tools (not just vendor tools).
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds
Wireless Generation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
- 2 years ago - save job
This News is heard, seen, and read all over the globe. The world's #2 media conglomerate (behind Walt Disney), News Corporation (or...