This position was posted on 1/15/2013
Your Team : Information Technology Architecture and Standards
The IT Architecture and Standards group provides enterprise-level IT support for all departments of USAC including support for the four USAC beneficiary programs. We achieve our goals through analysis of USAC’s business problems, the applications of new technologies, the institution of key technology-related processes, and the development of architecture building-blocks for enterprise use. Through Business Architecture, Application Architecture, Information Architecture, and Technical Program Management, we handle multiple enterprise-level issues that have a high impact on the overall organization. We’re looking for cross-functional, independent team players to join our specialized and collaborative group focused on results delivered instead of hours worked.
Your Role : Software Asset Management Analyst - Term
You will be involved in the management of software acquisition, compliance, maintenance renewals, life cycle planning and costing for all of USAC. You will be working in a cross-functional team environment and will be responsible for engaging and supporting various business units in understanding and controlling their software usage, costs, and compliance.
- Participating in all phases of software acquisition, including working with asset requestors to research and determine need and working with the Purchasing team to ensure all assets are procured in a timely manner
- Owning the software compliance process by working with IT operations to ensure assets are rolled out per licensing agreements, properly maintained and inventoried, tracked by cost and usage, and compliant for audits
- Tracking and facilitating IT and business’ needs for upgrade protection on selected products by ensuring that maintenance, support and upgrade protection and renewals are managed/handles/ordered in advance of their expiration
- Tracking IT budgets, identifying cost saving opportunities for renewals, software licensing, and services by way of budget, inventory and cost analyses; engaging vendors and USAC stakeholders to obtain savings
- Developing and managing policies and procedures, using business process analysis abilities to create, implement, and optimize software requests and license management process
- Partnering with IT management to understand the strategic direction and priorities of the organization and using knowledge to forecast how it will impact future software purchases and identify how control costs
- Acting as a cross functional liaison to recommend, use, and manage software assets, interacting with end users and management to train on software asset management best practices
- Other duties, as assigned
If interested, please submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com .
- You have gained 3 to 4 years of experience completing similar duties as outlined above
- You possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and/or university (Computer Science, Information Technology)
- You have experience with analyzing different software technical and pricing models to ensure the company’s business needs are met (e.g., enterprise agreements, standard vs. enterprise, named vs. concurrent users)
- You have IT asset management and Discovery tools experience
- You have experience interpreting licensing terms and conditions
- You are good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools
- You introduce new ideas, processes, and technology which improve performance and productivity
- You are a problem solver and can solve problems independently or encourage others in collaborative problem solving
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills with all management leave
- You are enthusiastic, cooperative, and build trust by honoring your word by doing what you say you are going to do
USAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only principals will be accepted. No agencies please.
The Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) is an independent, not-for-profit corporation designated by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) as the administrator of the federal universal service fund (USF). USAC collects universal service contributions from telecommunications carriers and administer universal service support mechanisms (programs) designed to help communities across the country secure access to affordable telecommunications services. Through administration of these programs, USAC provides support for high cost companies in rural areas, low-income consumers, rural health care providers, and schools and libraries.
USAC and its dedicated professional staff have expertise in all areas of administering federal universal service programs. As the administrator, USAC operates with a strong commitment to protecting the integrity of the fund and helping ensure affordable access to telecommunications services for communities across the country. This shared sense of purpose shapes a professional and diverse environment that encourages employees to grow and learn throughout their USAC careers. USAC offers a comprehensive benefits package, ongoing professional development opportunities, and balance between the demands of work and life. Our open-door policy promotes teamwork and collaboration. We invite you to apply and learn more about joining our team.
Universal Service Administrative Company - 11 months ago