Software Configuration Analyst 2
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Software Configuration Analyst 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in defining the future. This position will be located in Lanham, Maryland, where Technology and Teamwork come together. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Technical Support for Tax Applications/Systems Testing and Source Code and Document Configuration Functions project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Individual will implement and conduct software configuration management (CM) and version control of multiple programs in IBM mainframe, MS Windows, and UNIX client/server environments.
- Programs support the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax administration pipeline. Individual will use ENDEVOR, Clearcase, and established, IRS-approved procedures and practices to process and stage transmittals of the software for Systems Acceptability Test and Production.
- Individual will also be responsible for working with the program developers to troubleshoot and resolve build issues in a timely manner. Understanding of software configuration management concepts, industry practices and standards is a must.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree
- 3 years of progressive IT experience (or 2 years of IT experience and 1 year of college experience)
- 2 years of software configuration management experience
- Before beginning work, candidate must obtain interim
staff-like access based upon an IRS "Moderate-risk Background Investigation"
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential
- 2 years of Clearcase and/or Endevor experience
- 2 years experience working in a UNIX and/or IBM mainframe environment
- Knowledge of current IRS tax administration software
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 10 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...