Synacor is looking for somebody who's passionate about all aspects of development! Someone who likes to learn new technologies and keep up to date with what’s new and what’s current.
As a Software Configuration Engineer at Synacor, you are responsible for the quality of TVE Programmer Integrations that support defined TVE product strategies. You will work closely with product, operations, and engineering to be sure all parties are following the business requirements put forth by our programmers from a technical standpoint.
Duties and Responsibilities:
So, if you are looking for an opportunity to team up with other back-end experts in an exciting and growing company, this is the position for you!!
- Configures software builds and deployments to non-production and production environments.
- Troubleshoots build breaks and application configuration issues in lower test and production environments and helps to ensure packages have been installed properly and the environment is configured correctly.
- Participates in the improvement, documentation, communication and enforcement of configuration engineering processes for software applications.
- Reports on configuration status of development, test, and production environments.
- Enhances existing configuration/deployment process and helps architect the next generation of centralized configuration/deployment.
- Works closely with Change Manger on release builds, deployment packages, and completed tickets.
- Participates in integration calls with vendors and clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
What we’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five years experience in software or website development; proven experience developing large-scale database-driven applications a plus
- Extensive professional experience programming PHP
- Experience with Perl programming is desirable
- Experience with MySQL or equivalent
- Proficient in Unix/Linux use, scripting and tools
- Knowledge of XML, SOAP and AJAX desirable
- Familiarity with revision control software
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to collaborate
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Synacor offers stock option participation and a healthy bonus potential. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
- 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
- Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
- Award winning company culture
- Casual dress and flexible environment
- Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
- The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor - 18 months ago
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...