Software Configuration Manager II or Above
This position is responsible for developing and applying Software Configuration Management (SCM) practices to support the development, testing, and implementation of software applications. Individuals in this position will perform key activities such as software builds, release packaging, and delivery to multiple testing environments.
Additional responsibilities include supporting application developers on standard tools and processes in compliance with.
Organizational standards and requirements. Candidates for this position should possess experience utilizing Star Team, RTC Build Forge as an enterprise-level source control tools.
- IIS familiarization
- Manage source code tagging, branching, and merging.
- Consult and Assist with appropriate teams on matters concerning build and release processes.
- Continually analyze processes to proactively implement improvements where possible.
- Develop scripts and automate processes where possible to improve efficiencies and accuracy of the software build, integration, release, and deployment processes
- Provide tool support to project teams.
- Manage multiple release streams within the source code management tool.
- Create and maintain CM process documentation, including configuration management plans, software build procedures, build manifests, configuration specifications and audit reports.
- Conduct periodic reviews of user access to the source code repository and work with designated staff to maintain the authorized access and permissions.
- Research, design and implement new software configuration management tools from the ground-up to automate and release software applications.
- Understand, monitor and help lead change in the product life cycle and the development process to carry forward software configuration management best practices.
- Represent the software configuration management discipline in interdepartmental team and work groups.
- Communicates status, progress on deliverables, and risks/issues to team members and leadership in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the development and test teams for code deployments into the respective environments.
- Ensure appropriate project documentation is available for each new build or release.
- Assist in DR build and releases
Four year college degree and 2 or more years professional experience
4 or more years professional experience is required. Appropriate TSYS experience is preferred.
Four year college degree and 4 or more years professional experience
6 or more years professional experience is required. Appropriate TSYS experience is preferred.
Four year college degree and 6 or more years professional experience
8 or more years professional experience is required. Appropriate TSYS experience is preferred.
- Power shell scripting, NSI, NANT, msSQL
- 2 years of software development or software administration experience.
- Possesses Software Configuration Management process and methodology experience; the ability to help define and establish configuration management practices with the team and organization.
- Demonstrated experience supporting multiple releases in various testing environments desired.
- Experience supporting technical support, systems engineering, or software development
- Possesses in-depth experience utilizing Star Team / RTC as an enterprise-level source control tool..
- Experience working with platforms such as Windows, Unix/Linux, MVS.
- Experience supporting developers using a variety of software development platforms such as the IBM Rational and
- Experience with scripting Windows servers a plus.
- Understanding of and experience with the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and Agile development.
- Prior experience with build technologies, such as (Ant, Make, etc.), not required but preferred.
- Experience performing deployment of software releases to environments a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, exercise flexibility, and prioritize workload and deliverables within schedule constraints to deliver results.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Must be a highly collaborative, engaging, and open minded professional.
- Ability and willingness to work on a collaborative geographically dispersed team in a cross-functional environment. and be proficient leveraging remote communication tools, such as IM and WebEx to facilitate discussions.
- Must be a team player with excellent customer service skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas with a diverse group of people.
- Strong listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, and highly focused; Action oriented and seizes opportunities when they arise.
- Comfortable working in an open, collaborative team room environment.
- Ability to provide after-hours support as part of on-call rotation.
Total System Services, Inc.
Tracie L Ennis
TSYS - 8 months ago
Total System Services, Inc. (TSYS) provides electronic payment processing and related services to financial and non-financial institutions....