Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced electronic engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multi-disciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients. Relocation Assistance is provided.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, & Essential Job Functions:
As a member of the Software Defined Radio (SDR) Integrated Project Team (IPT) staff, the employee will provide support to one or more Integrated Product Teams as an SDR Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Engineer. In this role, the employee will use M&S software tools to test, analyze, and evaluate the performance of SDR systems, including highly complex systems such as tactical Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANETs). Familiarity with commercial network modeling and simulations tools such as OPNET, Qualnet, and Network Simulator is desired. In addition to using commercial M&S products, the employee will develop additional custom tool sets, software, and methodologies to expand M&S capabilities within the SDR IPT.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The employee will conduct independent model-driven design tradeoff studies for a number of systems. The employee will be responsible for writing software test plans, conducting data analysis and reduction, and providing briefs to sponsors in technical meetings. The employee will work in a team environment to develop M&S strategies to address complex engineering design studies but will also be assigned a significant amount of individual tasking. Familiarity with commercial and military communications networks is desired. Strong wireless communications and networking background is preferred.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Knowledge and experience with SDR and wireless communications.
- Demonstrated experience with the C and C++ programming languages.
- Experience with network Modeling and Simulation tools such as OPNET, Qualnet, and Network Simulator
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix development environment.
- Ability to formulate, execute, advise on, technical solutions using standard practices, equipment, devices, processes, and techniques and resolve a wide variety of complex problems with the ability to prepare, present, and evaluate plans, designs, reports, and correspondence.
- Knowledge and experience with military network systems
- Advanaced knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Strong theoretical background in signals, networking, coding theory, and radio design