Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced electronic engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multi-disciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, & Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in designing, modifying, developing, writing, and implementing JAVA applications.
- Assists in supporting and/or installing software applications.
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing, and certification of software.
- Provides inputs for documentation of new or existing programs.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Coursework or internship experience in JAVA.
- Experience designing and developing Object Oriented applications on both Linux and Windows environments.
- Experience developing client-server implementations is a plus.
- Awareness and purpose of middleware applications such as CORBA and Open DDS.
- Knowledge of design patterns and why they may be used.
- Self motivation and the ability to work with little daily oversight.
- Superior analytical skills to apply to problem solving.
- Familiarity of Software Engineering Life Cycle Models.
- Ability to apply requirements to design and implementation.
CareerBuilder - 2 years ago