This position requires a background in working with distributed computing applications. Military application domain experience is particularly desirable. Network and System Administration experience is a strong plus. An existing Secret clearance or ability to obtain a Secret clearance is required.
Responsible for development, maintenance, and troubleshooting of simulation software for Department of Defense (DoD) Modeling and Simulation (M&S) systems. Includes generating designs and documentation; implementing software models, behaviors, and interfaces; performing root-cause analysis and corrective action; integrating software into varied distributed training environments; testing; and identifying areas for software improvements.
Applicants should have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field, along with a minimum of three years of professional experience in M&S system design and development or five years¿ experience as a software engineer. Applicants should have strong written and oral communication skills. Applicants must be able to work in a team environment. Other required and desired qualifications are listed below.
1. U.S. Citizenship
2. An existing Departmet of Defense security clearance or ability to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
3. Object-oriented design and development knowledge
4. Five years of C++ and/or C development experience
5. Experience using integrated development environments such as Eclipse or Visual Studio
6. Experience using source code configuration management tools such as subversion or git
1. Java development experience, including performance and memory profiling
2. Experience with graphics languages such as DirectX or OpenGL
3. Experience with open source development practices and tools such as Eclipse and Ant
4. Software development experience on UNIX and/or Linux operating systems
5. Experience with system administration tasks including the setup, configuration, and installation of networking devices and services
6. Experience with M&S architectures and protocols such as High Level Architecture (HLA), Test and Training Enabling Architecture (TENA), and/or Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS)
7. Experience troubleshooting distributed applications (e.g., troubleshooting network protocols using tools such as packet sniffers)
8. Military application domain experience
9. Experience with software processes such as Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) or Six Sigma
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
U.S. Citizenship Required.
Alion Science and Technology - 19 months ago
Alion creates alliances between science and big government. Alion Science and Technology is an employee-owned development and research...