The Engineer position is the second level of Engineer in the Engineering Department. This level is for the employee with some relevant work experience who has mastered basic engineering skills. The focus of this position is for the employee to lead moderate size projects or phases of programs. The work is of minimal to moderate complexity and risk, and medium duration. This position requires some independence and creativity.
The Engineer must:
- Collaborate as a productive member of project teams, and lead projects of moderate size and scope
- Demonstrate Engineering Professionalism and Dart VCP's in all activities and interactions, solve customer problems as trained, and provide efficient service to internal and external customers
- Schedule activities to complete assigned tasks and projects, and communicate and document requisite information, while following established Dart policies and procedures
- Apply technical knowledge to identify process and equipment problems, recommend and implement solutions, collect and document data, and verify results
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Document and improve current processes and equipment, and develop new processes and materials.
- Participate in troubleshooting and analysis of problems to rapidly identify, evaluate, propose, and implement solutions.
- Analayze, conclude and recommend new or revised processes or products to improve Saftery, Quality, Service and Efficiency.
- Coordinate and/or participate in the conception, implementation and testing of designs.
- Design test parameters, mechanisms and equipment used to collect, summarize and report test data.
- Perform control system or software development, including hardware and software development, implementation and deployment.
- Design, develop and troubleshoot data communication software and systems.
- Lead, coordinate and deploy new software or systems releases.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science and at least 3 years of Engineer related experience; Prefer a Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering.
- Requires at least 3 years of experience with Java or other high-level object-oriented software programming experience.
- Requires at least 2 years of experience designing, developing and troubleshooting data communication software and systems.
- Requires at least 2 years of experience gathering, analyzing, and testing data.
- Requires at least 2 years of control system or software design, including deployment and implementation; Prefer at least 3 years
- Requires at least 2 years of customer service experience and user education for software systems.
- Requires at least 1 year of experience authoring software system documentation.
- Requires at least 1 year of engineering software application experience; Prefer at least 3 years
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires at least 3 years of experience in word processing, spreadsheet software, internet and email; Prefer experience with MS Word, Excel and Lotus Notes
- Requires the understanding and application of trigonometry and calculus.
- Requires a valid driver's license and a favorable motor vehicle report.
- Requires the ability to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 25% of the time.
- Requires the ability to obtain and maintain a passport.
- Prefer at least 3 years of Lotus Notes or other database/user interface programming experience.
- Prefer at least 3 years of SQL database design programming experience.
To expedite consideration, we highly recommend that you BOTH upload your resume AND copy and paste the text when creating your candidate profile.
Dart Container - 10 months ago
Dart Container is a world cup winner -- not in soccer, but in foam cups and containers. Commanding about half of the global market in foam...