The HP Inkjet Web Press is a new industrial printing solution built on HP Scalable Inkjet Printing Technology. We have revolutionized the digital web press industry by offering full-color, variable data printing at unprecedented speeds and paper widths. We make are looking for highly motivated and talented software design engineers to join us in this growing opportunity for HP.
As part of the R&D team, you will be an integral part of the Product Life Cycle helping to realize hp’s inkjet high speed printing solutions & strategy.
Responsibilities would include:
- Provide technical direction, design, and implementation of the Web Press industrial controlled sub-systems to include the dryers, ink delivery system, paper-path drives, as well as devices external to the press such as winders, coaters, and finishers (e.g. from Muller-Martini, Timson, and Megtec).
- Transform customer and marketing requirements into requirements and specifications.
- Provide recommendation for testing and validation, deployment and support.
- Work with testing organization to find and fix defect and demonstrate functionality and quality goals have been met.
Domain Knowledge & Experience - Must Skills
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Bachelor (undergraduate), Masters (graduate) or Ph.D (post-graduate) in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 2+ years software development through to release experience: PLC (ladder logic, structured text) as well as C and C++.
- Experienced in development environments such as B&R’s Automation Studio and Safe Designer.
- Experience in state machine design and implementation, event driven control, complex error detection and recovery, synchronization between multiple devices with multiple states.
- Solid understanding of I/O address configuration and setup configuration as well as interpreting schematics and understanding electrical designs
- Experience in code debugging: usage of debuggers and tracing tools, memory corruptions and leakage detection and correction, stack analysis
- Experience and consistent use of unit tests and test-driven development
- Understanding of asynchronous messaging architecture, JMS and/or ActiveMQ
- Experience with the Linux-based development
- Experience with distributed SCM (git, bzr, etc.)
- Domain knowledge of digital printing and associated workflows.
- Experience working with cross-cultural and cross-organizational, distributed and remote teams across time zones.
- Exceptional written and oral communication.
- Team player, with a bias towards action.
- Ability to operate across organizations and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated initiative in previous projects.
- Willingness to engage, learn, and generally make things happen.
United States-California-San Diego
HP - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...