The HTC Software Innovation team is seeking a software developer to help build a next generation mobile applications. This innovation team is chartered with pursuing strategic opportunities which are difficult to address incrementally with existing systems, such as UI responsiveness and security, rich applications that span devices, new data-driven programming models, and effective use of GPUs and multi cores.
The successful candidate is a Software Development Engineer who is passionate about building next generation mobile applications, enjoys startup environments, and loves to code. Software Innovation is a small hand-picked team of developers passionate about building real systems that extend the current thinking in Operating Systems and Platform technology. This is a high visibility position with impact in product and technology incubation, in the company, and in the overall mobile devices market. Because this is an incubation group, a candidate must have a high tolerance for uncertainty and changes in direction. Comfort with system-level development and expert proficiency in Java language are required. Additional desirable, but not mandatory, skills include familiarity with GPU programming and rendering techniques, numerical algorithms and geometry, asynchronous programming models, data parallelism, concurrency, data synchronization, data-driven UI frameworks, and real-time collaboration.
- As a software design engineer on the Innovation Software team, you will be building complex software that must be elegantly designed, cleanly written, and efficient when executing.
- You will also be responsible for helping us break ground on new, innovative tools, and technologies from the chipset to user interface.
- You will help define what goes into new mobile devices given latest trends, directions, and available features.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- BSCS, BSEE, MSCS, or Equivalent Educational Experience. Equivalent industry experience will be considered as well
- Excellent coding skills, the ability to solve complex problems, and derives pleasure from designing complex systems
- A can-do attitude and the drive to collaborate across discipline, groups, and time zones
- A successful track record of driving projects to completion and instinct for build user experiences that delight users and experience designing, coding, and debugging complex software solutions
- Strong background in code development (C/C++/Java/etc) for both prototypes and shippable products
- Prefer experience with building and using content authoring tool integration and content pipeline
- Prefer Android OS development experience
- Great verbal and written communication skills
HTC - 20 months ago