NOVUS means “new.” So it’s fitting that our brand has always been a magnet for bright people seeking new opportunities. Imagine joining a dynamic media organization with ties to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries. As part of Omnicom Media Group (OMG), Novus is a respected pioneer and innovator in both traditional and emerging engagement channels. Our entrepreneurial roots stretch back to 1987, and we’ve never lost our independent streak. We’re known for staying two steps ahead of a changing and highly disruptive media environment—blending art and science to constantly reinvent digital and print media planning and buying. From Fortune 500s to some of the world’s elite creative agencies, organizations of all sizes rely on our expertise and strong customer service. As a Novus team member, you’ll enjoy a culture that combines the camaraderie of “small” with the benefits of “big.” But be warned: We’re not for everybody. Our employees aren’t followers; they share a passion for pushing boundaries and exploring uncharted territory.
That’s why we say: “Think new. Think Novus.”
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OR PURPOSE OF JOB:
This position will support production systems. Works with more experienced developers to learn about the organization’s business systems and software development environment. Our legacy system was developed in Delphi.
Analyzes issues and uses judgment to solve problems with production applications. Applies best practices to resolve customer problems. Escalates nonstandard problems or issues. Values others’ input and expertise and is willing to learn from others. Promotes team cooperation and supports team decisions even if different from own.
Ideal candidate understands how to obtain information on errors and troubleshoot for root causes by various means. Candidate may be required to work off-hours should production incidents occur, but can work from home during off-hours.
JOB REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIFICATIONS / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field
- 2 – 4 years of software development experience in a self-organizing team environment
- Must be able to quickly assess problems and determine proper steps to resolution
- Passion for both technology and customer service
- Experience with C# or Delphi required
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools/concepts
- Experience with SQL programming
- Ability to thoroughly understand the business problems surrounding every issue
- Ability to respond directly to questions from business clients
- Maintains clear and open communications with team members and customers
- K2 experience a plus
- Delphi experience a plus
- Microsoft CRM a plus
Resolution Media - 14 months ago